MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sick Child = Lots of knitting

I hate it when Noey is sick. There's just not a lot I can do for her. I've been running the humidifier, giving her medicine when she'll take it, and trying to have her rest. She's bored and uncomfortable.

We stayed in our jammies all day again today. We've read lots of books, drawn lots of pictures, and watched lots of DVD's.

But some good comes of it. For one thing, Noey is incredibly sweet when she's sick. She wants lots of cuddles and kisses, and tells me at least twice an hour "I love you, mama". Who wouldn't enjoy hearing that all day?

And the other good thing is I have lots of time to knit.

I finished the Fingerless Mitts for Joe last night. I've knit this pattern so often now I hardly need the directions anymore.

Pattern:

Fingerless Mitts

Yarn: Patons Classic Merino Wool in Black - less than 1 skein

I made the felted Pin Cushion for my mom. It took about an hour from start to felting. The longest part of it was the drying. I used some Elann Peruvian Highland wool I had in my stash.

So, now I have 3 gifts left to knit.....I think. I have a little more shopping to do, and some baking, but all in all I'm in pretty good shape for the holidays.

I've been working a lot on my Hoodie Cardi (especially today). I finished the body this morning, and am working on the hood now. Maybe, just maybe, I can have it done for Christmas???

(the socks are still calling to me!)

4 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I was hoping you would say Noey was feeling much better by now. Sorry to hear that isn't the case. :( But it sounds like she really appreciates all of the good care you give her. Hope she much better tomorrow!!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

GREAT Mitts Karyn! Poor Noey though. Its so hard when the babies are sick. I'd rather be sick anyday than watch them be ill. I hope she feels better by now.

Cheers Shannon
http://www.dreamsofyarn.com/blog

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger carrie said...

love the fingerless mitts. i really need a pair for myself.

i certainly hope noey is feeling better soon!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Poor Noey, I hope she gets better soon. It is awful when the kids are sick, and in my case I usually catch what they have over the next few days too. I love the fingerless mitts and the pincushion is so adorable. Cannot wait to see the hoodie's progress too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home