MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm furiously knitting along on The Moss Rib Stitch Pullover. (or whatever it's called!) I've finished the back, and I'm almost halfway through the front.
I had wanted to finish it by the time we go to San Diego for Veteran's Day weekend, but I don't think that's going to happen. I keep giving myself deadlines, and then the knitting becomes too stressful, and no fun at all. So, if I finish it in time, that's great, if not, that's okay too.

I've been reading a lot of laments about the Noro yarn; the strange striping effects, the thick/thin strands, and all the "kindling", and I've found it all to be true. You can really see the funky striping on the back section. Even with all the complaints, I'm still happy with the result.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

I like that Noro has little spots of slub, and thick and thin areas. I think its a 'character' yarn. And as such you just pick projects to use it for that will suit the character. Glad you like it too!

Shannon
http://www.dreamsofyarn.com/blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home