MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Updates and a Finished Object....finally!

I've finished Isabelle's bolero/cardi. After much trial and tribulation I finally achieved what I wanted. Noey tried it on for me (after I bribed her) and it looks so cute on her, but she wouldn't let me take a picture. (maybe she'll let me before I mail it off next week)

Now I just need to get started on Sue's present. It won't take me long, I just need to find the time. My mom is going to pick up Noey on Tuesday after school, so I should be able to work on it then. (my parents have been gone for the last two weeks on a car trip to Montana so I have not had my Tuesday alone time!)

3 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Karen said...

The cardi came out so cute!! (Hmm, Noey is usually dying to get in your pics!! LOL) I love the pull-over too. I'm the same way with deadlines, I just don't like them. They sap the fun out of knitting. Oh my gosh, I wish I had known you were too timid to join Socktoberfest - I would have twisted your arm!!! I joined last year when I hadn't ever tried to knit a sock. It's so low pressure, it's the best one to join for a first timer. But look at that sock - you are a pro already! If you have toe questions, just e-mail me. :)

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Sue said...

What a gorgeous cardi, and Isabelle will love it. I love the color of your sock too, gorgeous pink and I think it is a wonderful sock for a first timer. I too did not join the socktoberfest, maybe next year when I dont have so many other things to finish up. I love the picture of Noey and her friends at the pumpkin patch, just so cute. The pullover is looking lovely too, all that ribbing must take a while so you really must be a quick knitter.

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Bron said...

hey, if i could get into a cardi like that i don't think i'd ever want to give it back either - its gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home