MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I have been knitting - Part IV

The last in a 4 part series!

This is the last of my finished objects. When my niece was here over the Thanksgiving weekend she saw the Panta I made for Noelle last year. She's from Miami and now lives in San Diego. Poor girl is cold all the time! So she asked for a Panta, and how could I refuse? I used the same yarn I used to make her fingerless mitts last March for her birthday. My model was being temperamental and wouldn't put it on, hence a flat picture.

Pattern: Panta - found on Craftster

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease - Blue Mist - less than 1/2 skein

Once again this was a 2 day project. It is now winging it's way to Miami. Megan and Dario went home for Christmas. (boo hoo)

I wore my Sitcom Chic to work today. It's the first time I've worn a knitted garment in public, other than scarves and mitts. I was a little self conscious.

First I was quite surprised how bright the hot pink Bubblegum Cotton Ease is in sunlight! My friend Shane, who is brutally honest, assured me it wasn't "neon"!

Then everyone kept asking me if I had knit it....as if it screamed "homemade"! Everyone who asked knows that I am a knitter, and they all followed up with how much they liked it, but still!

I'm currently working on a pair of Fingerless Mitts in Black wool for Joe, and a pair for one of Noey's friends, as well as my Hoodie Cardigan. My new sock yarn arrived yesterday, and I'm so tempted to cast on! I mean really, how long could a pair of kids socks take? Must.maintain.self.control.Christmas.18.days.away.

2 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Sue said...

The panta looks great. I am so glad that everybody loved your Sitcom Chic, Isabelle loves the hot pink color too. She has asked that I make her something out of the hot pink CE as well. It looks as though you are making up for your absence in blogging too, which is great.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh yes, you should cast on the socks. I firmly believe it's always good to have at least one pair of socks on the needles. :) I'm sure your sweater looked wonderful on you, and didn't scream "home-made". If they didn't think it looked good, they wouldn't have commented at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home