MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another Christmas present finished

Five more to go!

Noey requested that I make a pair of Fingerless Mitts and matching Hat for her friend Sophie.

Unfortunately this is not them! I've gifted them already, and didn't have time to take a picture. I was supposed to pick Noey up from Sophie's house yesterday at 3:00. At 5 minutes to 3:00 I finished weaving in the ends, threw them in a gift bag, and gave them to Sophie.

They are pretty much identical to this set, except for the colorway.

I made these for Noey last year. She wears the mitts quite often, the hat not so much.

Noey has been sick all week, so today we're staying indoors in our pajamas all day. I got a lot of knitting done this morning, including a felted pin cushion for my mom, which is now drying, and I'm almost done with Joe's second mitt. Hopefully I'll have more finished objects to show tomorrow.

(still fighting the urge to cast on socks!)

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

That's a cute set! Can't wait to see the other FO's.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Wow you are on such a roll of finishing things lately. Those socks must have inspired you. The mitts look great, and I love the colors, they are so pretty. Must wait to see the next lot of FO's too.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow, look at you cranking out the gifts!!! I bet Sophie was thrilled to have a hat and mitts like Noey's. I hope Noey is feeling much better. Your terrific idea of having a sick day in your jammies is probably just what she needed. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home