MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I have been knitting - Part 1

Earlier on, like late October-early November (when it would have been a good time to start Christmas knitting) I had decided I wouldn't knit any Christmas gifts this year.

But then for some unknown reason I decided on Thanksgiving Day, that I needed to knit some Christmas gifts, and promptly got to work.

Over two days of the 4 day weekend I knit this scarf for my Aunt Betty who lives in Montana and needs a nice warm scarf.

Pattern: Potato Chip Scarf (free from Knitpicks)

Yarn: Patons Divine - a little more than one skein

It is so soft and warm, and really pretty in this yarn.

I've finished two other presents, and have several more on the needles. Updates to follow in "I have been knitting - Part 2."

5 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Looks beautiful! I have a ball of that yarn and didn't know what to do with it. Now I have a plan when I can knit again.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger shizzknits said...

What a pretty color! Looks lovely.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Ooooh, I've been wanting to try one of those potato chip scarves. Did you find it was quick? Like something you might make again?

Shannon
http://www.dreamsofyarn.com/blog

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Karen said...

It's so easy to get sucked into the Christmas Knitting Spirit, isn't it!! :) The scarf is so cool. Looking forward to Part 2.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Glad you are back blogging again. You will have to have more of Noey's friends over to give you some free time. I love the scarf, very pretty, and the baby hat is so cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home