MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, December 04, 2006

I have been knitting - Part III

Drumroll please!

May I present my first official pair of socks!

I finished them a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't be more pleased with myself! They are not identical, but I don't mind. No one will see the toes anyway. They are a little thick, I think worsted weight yarn. We had one week of cold weather when I could have worn them, but I didn't. I don't want to wear them, I feel like they're sacred or something. Now the weather is warm again, and I'm wearing sandals all the time.

Pattern: Basic Ribbed Sock from Spun Magazine

Yarn: Moda Dea Sassy Stripes - little less than 2 skeins.

I did a three needle bind off for the toes, which seemed to work just fine. I didn't have any problems with the heel and picking up stitches, no holes!

Now I'm hooked. I just ordered two patterns, and some yarn for myself and Noey. (not to mention the sock yarn I already have in the stash!) Unfortunately I still have more Christmas knitting to do, so I can't start anything new at the moment.

I still have more knitting to report. But that will have to wait until Part IV.

4 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I can't believe that is your FIRST pair of socks!! They came out so great. No problems picking up gusset stitches and no holes?? You should come give me a lesson - I still get holes. You must be a natural. :)

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Shar said...

Congrats!!Another obsession begins.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Shar said...

Congrats!!Another obsession begins.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sue said...

What gorgeous socks, and I love the color and the pattern. You must be a natural sock knitter I think. I am glad that you are posting again too, and we received our pressies today too, so I have put them under the tree. Cant wait to see what is inside, and I hope yours arrive soon too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home