MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Those were the good ole' days

Joe and I have been together almost 18 years. In the early years Valentine's Day was an event that involved new outfits and dinner reservations at fancy restaurants. Gifts started with a dozen roses and Godiva chocolate, and ended with JEWELRY! (I've amassed quite a jewelry collection over the years.) We even spent a long, romantic weekend in Vegas one year. (where a WWF wrestler hit on me, and I met Dennis Rodman....but that's a story for another day!)

But somewhere over the years the celebrations started to dwindle. A box of chocolates and a card. After Noey was born she got lots of goodies, candy and stuffed animals, and I would get a card and maybe a bouquet of flowers bought 10 minutes before at Albertson's.

But this year takes the cake. Nada. Zip. Nothing! Not even a "Happy Valentine's Day!"

So I really could empathize with Shannonwhen I read her blog today. Men! Why don't they get it??

As you can see I'm back to working on Sitcom Chic. I had started a tank top for my niece, but my heart wasn't in it. After all the Christmas knitting, and the hats, I just want to knit something for myself! I've finished the body, and I'm now working on the first sleeve.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Give me his email and I will drop him a strong hint next year! :)

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh no, I'm sorry about your (lack of) Valentine's Day. :( I think you need to buy yourself some great new yarn you've been lusting after to help you feel a bit better!! I'll join Stephanie in sending him hints next year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home