MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, February 06, 2006

and now back to our regularly scheduled knitting...

I finished my mom's hat last night at 10:40pm. I love the colorway, but it pooled towards the top. I didn't notice the pooling until it was too late. Hopefully my mom will like it. We're really not a hat wearing family except for Noey.

So now I'm back to working on Sitcom Chic. It's slow going at this point, miles of stockinette. I worked on it for about 30 minutes today while waiting in the car for Noey. Her ballet class was cancelled today and I was really disappointed.....not for her, but for me! That was 45 minutes of knitting I missed out on!

I ordered a Sock instructional DVD over the weekend. I am determined to learn to knit socks, but everytime I try on my own I get frustrated and confused. So hopefully seeing the process will clear things up for me. I also ordered Big Knits and The Knitting Answer Book. (I had to meet the $40.00 minimum!!)

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger shizzknits said...

What a pretty hat. What colorway is that? BTW I didn't notice the pooling till you mentioned it. Mom will love it.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Thank you! It's TLC Essentials "Surf & Turf".

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Don't fear the socks!!!! You can do it! Once you make it through the first one, it's all down hill and you will be amazed at how much easier the second one goes. But beware, sock making (and sock yarn purchasing) is highly addictive . . . but so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home