MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Later that same day...

My mom called and asked if I had any "spare hats". My parents are going to Iowa this week and it's 11 degrees! (Eleven degrees!) I didn't have any adult size hats available so I agreed to whip up a hat by Tuesday night. I ran to JoAnn's, picked out several yarns, emailed pics to my mom, and this is what she chose. I think I can have it done by Tuesday, I think I can, I think I can!

My parents are going to Iowa for my Great Uncle Clark's 100th birthday party! He was born in Williamsburg, Iowa and has lived there his entire life! Up until he was 95 he was still driving the tractor in his corn fields. More than 50 family members are coming to his party. Wish we could be there too.

3 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Wow - 100! how cool is that?! My grandpa died when he was 93, and he still went to work half day, every day, until about four days before he died!

So sweet of you to make them hats, sounds like they'll need them!!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Yuck, 11 degrees. Bbbrrr. Your mom has great taste, that yarn is pretty!! I can't wait to see it knit up into the hat. I'm sorry you can't join the birthday party, but I'm sure your mom will come back with wonderful stories for you to share.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

That's incredible! 100!

The yarn color is really nice--can't wait to see it all knit up. You'll have it done by Tuesday, I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home