MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Student of the Month!

It was a wonderful moment. Noelle was so proud when she heard her name called over the loudspeaker. She ran right up to the principal to receive her award. She smiled from ear to ear, and just beamed!! Daddy came to the ceremony too, which made it extra special.
It was hard to get a good pic since the sun really bothers Noey's eyes. This is Mrs. Gutierrez, her Kindergarten teacher.

Noey and I celebrated after school by getting an ice cream cone and picking up cupcakes to share with Daddy. She received a Mimi's Restaurant certificate, so we'll all go out to eat when Daddy has the time. (which is rare these days) Later that night Noey tried to con an extra bedtime video out of me since she was "Student of the Month"!

Thank you for all your nice comments for Noey! and I didn't cry during the ceremony. I was too caught up in videotaping it. But I cried that morning before we left for school, and I cried that afternoon while waiting in the car for the kid! and even now, when I think about it, or look at the award I start to well up again!

2 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Awww, those are the moments you will truly remember forever Karyn. "I remember when you were in kindergarten, and you got this award..."

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Shar said...

Very exciting. Cherish this special time. She will grow up so fast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home