MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Long Weekend

I had Friday off, Noey did not! So I got in some ME time. After I dropped her off at school I headed for Walmart. Our Walmart is fairly new, not as nice as some, and has NO selection of yarn. But I like to go there every once in a while. After Walmart I hit Michael's, which does have a nice selection of yarn, and ran a few other errands before picking Noey up from school.

Noey woke up with a cold Saturday, but we had to do some shopping, so out we went in the rain. (bad mommy....taking a sick child out in the rain!) I spent my Robinsons May and Marshall Fields gift cards on a new purse and sunglasses, and a birthday gift for my mom. Then we went to Toys R Us for birthday gifts for two of Noey's friends. I knew Noey was really sick when she just wanted to leave Toys R Us and not look at any toys.(bad, bad mommy)

Noey went to Color Me Mine on Sunday for the first time for her friend, Bailey's birthday party. She was so excited. (she still had the sniffles but I sent her anyway!) She painted a giraffe and a butterfly, and we'll get them next Sunday. I got in a little more ME time, now that Noey is old enough to be dropped off at parties, although I did worry about her a bit.

Today we both had the day off, so after I cleaned the entire house, we went to the grocery store! We spent the rest of the day in the house, me trying to keep it clean, Noey doing her best to get out all the toys I just put away.

We lead an exciting life, don't we?

I finished up some Fingerless Mitts. These will be for my niece for her birthday. I've been wanting to make some for a while, and finally found a pattern I like. Noey wants some too, so I think I will surprise her with pair when I give Megan hers this weekend. These are pretty fast and easy. I started these Thursday night, and finished them Saturday afternoon. I'm also planning to make a pair for my mom since we'll be celebrating her birthday next weekend too. I like to think of these as California Mittens....it never gets cold enough around here to wear actual mittens, but these will be perfect for when it dips down to 50 degrees!

2 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

The exciting part... ME ME ME time! Even if you sat at home and babbled to yourself... it was your own time! Glad you enjoyed it!

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love those mitts, they look so soft and warm. Your "quiet" weekend sounds perfect. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home