MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Don't adjust your sets

These are actually two different mitts made with the same yarn. I thought I might try something a little different with the mitt on the left, but it turned out way too big. My mom has very slender hands, so I went back to the all over rib style.
The good news is I stepped out of my "follow the pattern exactly" box, and tried something on my own. The "big" mitt actually turned out well, and I would've kept it for myself if I'd had enough yarn.

In other news, I heard from my Project Spectrum Postcard Swap Pal (PSPSP) today. Hi Barbara!! Now I've got to come up with a cute, clever, and extremely creative postcard!

2 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Good For you for breaking away from the pattern. I hope to someday be one of those knitters who can just grab needles and yarn and whip up sweaters or socks without depending on paper. I'm sure this little forray did wonders for your knitting confidence!!! YEAH KARYN!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks for the comment. Your little one is adorable as well. I also love your mits too. Can't wait for the postcards to start. Keep going outside the box you will surprise yourself!!

Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home