MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Interesting.....

......that my last post (way back in December of last year!) would be about Lunch Bags! That's what my most recent project was - Lunch Bags! Noey started school last Wednesday, and on Tuesday (I work better with a looming deadline!) I finished her new lunch bag, and one for her BFF as well. I used the same Favorite Things pattern that I used for all eight last year. Noey chose her fabric, a quilting cotton, and I used fusible fleece to give it stability. I attached a larger strip of Velco this time around to help it stay closed a little better.



As Noey says " You think the outside is wild? Take a look at the inside. BAM!!"

So now I'm working on a blouse for me. I'm using a cotton lawn that I got from fabric.com awhile back. It's light and airy, perfect for the 90 degree weather we'll have through October. I'm making the 3/4 length sleeves, so hopefully I can still wear it well into Fall.

ETA: I finished the blouse this afternoon! Next up (maybe tomorrow) a simple cotton A-line skirt and then I'm gonna tackle knits!












I have not knit a stitch in.....oh, gosh, I don't know.....6? 8? months. Sad, isn't it? I have a couple of projects on the needles, but no desire to pick up those needles. I have such limited free time, I feel like I have to choose one or the other, sewing or knitting. Sewing has a much better return for me. I can sew a skirt in an evening, a blouse in a weekend. Oh well, when Noey is older I will have more time than I'll know what to do with! (but I don't want to think about that now!)


1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

YAY so very good to see you back in the blog world! I have missed you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home