MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy




I keep hoping things will calm down, but it doesn't look like it's going to. We have been busy girls! (Brownies, Sunday School, Gymnastics, Horse Back riding, playdates, homework, projects, etc....)

Last weekend as we were driving home from gymnastics on Saturday, Noey said "We never do anything fun!" So on Sunday we went to the local Pumpkin Patch. We've gone there every year since she was born. Noey picked out her pumpkin, petted sheep and goats, and had her face painted. She also went on a pony ride, which surprised me. Since she takes riding lessons every Tuesday, and is galloping, loping, and posting, I figured a pony ride on a mangy, old "horse" tied to a bar, going round in circles, would bore her! (plus it cost $7.00, so I was kinda hoping she wouldn't want to do it!)

Some crafting has been going on around here, just nothing for me! (and it looks like that's the way it's gonna be for a couple of months, what with Christmas coming and all!)

I have been drafted to make Noey and her best friend's Halloween Costumes this year. I actually really enjoy making Noey's costumes. I had made all of her costumes until she hit kindergarten and then she wanted store bought. The girls are going to be twin witches with capes and all. I took them to JoAnn's a couple of weeks ago and let them pick out their fabric. They both chose black stretch velvet for the dress, and a spider web print for the cape. I finished Noey's this past weekend and I hope to finish Sophie's today.

I have also been working on a poncho for a 2 year old that my friend, Sheri, asked me to make. It's the fourth poncho I've knit in as many months, so even though it's easy and pretty fast, it's kind of a drag. It's harder for me to knit or sew for someone I don't know.

I'm feeling pretty good about my Christmas presents. I already have a couple stashed away in the closet, and I've figured out what I can make for all the ladies on my list. I'm going to make some clothes and accessories for Noey's American Girl doll, and maybe some matching pajamas for Noey. For my mom, sister-in-law and niece, I'm going to make lunch bags and maybe slippers. I have a lot of the materials needed on hand, so I can get started right away. Now I just need to figure out what to do for the men!

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Whew, you have been busy!! I love Noey's face painting. I have a feeling Christmas will be here before I get many presents done. :(

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

WOW, I hope you post photos of the costumes! I'd love to see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home