MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Third Grade



Today is the first day of Third Grade. I don't know about Noey, but it feels like a huge rite of passage to me. Noey is officially a "big kid". She has recess with the "big kids", lunch with the "big kids", gets dismissed with the "big kids". Nobody asked me, but I don't want her to be a "big kid!"

So off we went to Third Grade this morning. Noey was so excited. She packed her new book bag, and new lunch box, and wore her new school clothes. (aaahhh, the memories!)

I haven't had much sewing time lately but I was able to sew up a skirt last weekend, and cut out two more this past weekend. Cutting out is always the challenge for me. I don't really have the space to cut out, but once it's cut it goes pretty fast.

I'm plugging away on Noey's poncho. (to match her best friends') I'm almost done with the body, and then on to the hood. I'm also working on a tie front cardigan for myself using some Cherry Red Cotton Ease from my plentiful Cotton Ease stash.

Oh yeah, doesn't my mom rock??!! To look at her you wouldn't think she had it in her to be a superhero! She's 70 years old for goodness sake! I just hope if I ever have to save my family's lives I'll be able to. (and always keep a bottle of Diet Coke in your car!!)

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I know you already told me she was starting third grade - but I STILL can't believe it!!! She looks so mature in that picture though. I'm glad she is so excited about school - I was always like that too. :)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Cheryl Ann said...

Isn't third grade exciting? And, I've already got a head cold after only 4 days of teaching! So does the new teacher across the quad...hmmmm....I love teaching third grade! The kids are so eager!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home