MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, September 08, 2008

Can You Have Too Much Lavender?




I don't know.

I didn't think I would like these two pieces together, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I never really intended for them to go together.

I made the blouse early in the summer before our trip. The fabric is a cotton broadcloth that I got on sale at Joann's for $1.49 a yard. Even with the buttons and thread, the blouse cost less than $5.00! :) I used my TNT blouse pattern with tucks and elasticized sleeves. I love this pattern! (Simplicity 2854) I have a couple more waiting in the wings.

I don't know the origin of the skirt fabric. It's been in my stash for years. It feels like a challis, but I'm not sure. I used my TNT skirt pattern (Simplicity 3827) and whipped it up on Saturday. Noey made a deal with me. If I took her to Kaybee Toys and let her buy a Barbie toy, she would play by herself for the rest of the afternoon. Done! If I had unlimited funds, and I didn't care if she became a spoiled brat, I would buy her a toy every Saturday!

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Karen said...

They are beautiful!!! And no, you can't have too much lavender. I think they look great together. I love Noey peeking out from behind the mannequin!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home