MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's a Two-fer




My 5 hours of free time translated into 1 hour of sitting on the couch doing nothing while watching General Hospital, 3 hours of actual sewing, and 1 hour of house cleaning. All in all a productive afternoon.

Sometimes I just need a few minutes (or 60!) to decompress and relax my brain a little bit. I don't even knit - I just sit there - doing nothing. I'm not an avid follower of GH but I watch it every once in a while. It's good, mindless television.

Once I finally relaxed and got motivated I started working on 2 blouses at the same time. They are both from the same pattern (my good old TNT) so it was easy to do a little assembly line sewing. The first one is a copy of my friend, Cathy's, blouse. It has muslin for the bottom, a cute blue quilter's cotton for the bodice, and it will have a different, lighter quilter's cotton for the sleeves. The second one is a copy of a blouse I saw in the Eddie Bauer catalog. It's made from muslin and has tucks. Hopefully I will find some time this weekend to finish them.



2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

You are off to an excellent start!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good going..! Want to see the blouses when you've finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home