MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Question.....

Um. Hello? Anybody remember me?

I've taken a little break from blogging due to the lack of picture posting problem. I just can't get excited about blogging when I can't post pictures of my work!

Anyway, I have one more day of summer school and then I have a month off. Hopefully I will have the time and motivation to figure out how to post pictures again. (by the way I have tried Picasa, Hello, Flickr, and Photobucket, and none of them work for me!)

So in the meantime, I have a question for anyone who is still out there! My pattern calls for a heavy worsted yarn, but has an alternate choice of lace weight yarn. For the lace weight it says to "knit at the same guage" as the heavy worsted which is 4 stitches to the inch. Does that mean to go up needle sizes until my laceweight is 4 stitches to the inch? That's what I think it means, but I just want to be sure.

Well, take care. Hope you're all having a great summer. I hope I'll be back soon with pictures. (although I did seriously consider giving up blogging altogether!)

4 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger jillian said...

I think that must be what it means. I mean, how else would you get that gauge. How very obtuse!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Dont you dare give up blogging. I will miss you too much. Maybe you need to get a new camera that works with your blog. I hope you figure it out soon. Hope to hear from you.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Of course I remember you - and I have missed you!!! Please don't give up blogging for good - okay? I think you are right in your interpretation of the pattern - although it seems odd to me that they would swap out a heavy worsted yarn for a lace weight. I would think it will look very, very different. Although there is nothing wrong with that. :)

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

I'm not sure what it means but DONT GIVE UP. Keep coming back and posting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home