MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Getting Back to Normal

Whatever that is!

Noey and I are trying to get back to our usual routine; Joe is still glued to the couch, although he is able to get up and move around a bit. He's been off work for the past 2 weeks and will be off at least 1 more. That's by far the longest he's ever been off work. (and I have to tell you he's driving me a little bit crazy!)

I have been working on my Top Down Bolero, but now I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'm having such trouble with that darn Araucania Patagonia. It started out life as the Jawbreaker Cardigan, but I didn't like that either! So while I decide what to do with it next, I started Gomasio with Berocco Nostalgia. (picture coming soon) I'm working on both sleeves right now, and it's pretty slow going. I like the yarn, very soft and knits up nicely. I don't like to have too many things on the needles at once, but I'm thinking about starting something else too!

Noey and I went to Open House at her school Tuesday night. They had the "In N Out" truck there for dinner, which we both enjoyed. Then Noey proudly showed me everything she's been working on this year. The school has quite an extensive art program. This is Noey's version of Monet's Waterlilies.

Friday was Pizza Night with our friends. Almost every Friday we get together with 3 other moms and 7 other kids for pizza and fun! It's loud and crazy (especially if you're used to only 1 kid) but it's a good time for all of us. The kids play, play, play, and the moms relax and have adult conversation. I had missed the last 2 Pizza Nights, although Noey got to go to them! Saturday we had gymnastics in the morning and then a birthday party in the afternoon. Today we slept in (until 7:00am!) then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's to play. Chrissy came too and got to run around the back yard. Then we came home and did chores!

Sounds pretty normal, doesn't it?!

4 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

How sweet! I love children's art shows.

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Yes, that sounds very normal. Busy, but normal. I'm glad things are getting back to their old routine and I hope Joe is able to get back to his routine soon too. I love Noey's Waterlilies!! She's so talented!! Hugs to you both.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Sue said...

So glad that your life is getting back to normal. It is nice to have some sort of routine isnt it. I hope Joe is feeling much better too. I love Noey's waterlillies, very beautiful painting. I cant wait to see what you have been knitting too.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Glad to hear Joe is up and about a bit more. And you too! Scary time I'll bet. Love Noey's pic with her waterlilies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home