MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Just popping in to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for your kind words and well wishes. They are all greatly appreciated.

We are taking it day by day. It's a long, slow process and I am not very patient! I thought that the medicine would dissolve the clots right away and that would be the end of it, but that's not how it works. It could be weeks or even months before they're gone, and until then there's always the chance they could rupture.

So Joe is home, and permanently glued to the couch! Fortunately we got cable last week. (although I have yet to watch it!) But he is bored, and grumpy, and still in a lot of pain.

I have been knitting a little here and there. I made 2 red cotton wash clothes with hearts on them (although I forgot to take pics) for my two friends who took such good care of Noey while I was with Joe in the ER. They picked her up from school, kept her all day into evening, feed her, and loved her until my parents could pick her up. I've also been working on the Top Down Bolero and I think it's going to be what I want. I really wanted to work on something that didn't need to be seamed, since I have such a pile of unseamed sweaters waiting for me!

3 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad things are going okay - even if they are a little slow. You hang in there, and remember I'll be thinking about you. I know just how tough it is to be home with a sick Baby . . . ummm, I mean Man. (They are such babies when they are sick!! LOL)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Yes, I have to agree that when a male is sick in our house it seems as though the tv is occupied 24 hrs a day, and they cant do anything for themselves. I do hope that he feels better soon, but he should get lots of rest. I think maybe you should sit on the couch too, and do all the seaming you need to do, and then the pile will start to shrink and you can knit lots of new ones.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad things are going well, though pity the improvements are so slow. Lets hope it happens without any other things coming up.

mmmm..men and tv....its like they are glued together hey? lol

Yes I have a few things that need seaming up too

Katt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home