MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

We Love You, Daddy!


We've had a rough week. (and it's only Tuesday!) I had to take Joe to the Emergency Room Friday night for what turned out to be Pulmonary Emboli, or blood clots in his lungs. He is predisposed to blood clots from an infection 30 years ago. He typically has blood clots and thrombosis in his calf which he can treat on his own. His chest was bothering him, but the doctors thought his bronchitis had turned to pneumonia. His leg was bothering him, but he was focused on the so-called pneumonia. By Friday I had enough and took him to the ER. Thank God I did because he turned out to not have pneumonia at all but 3 clots in his leg and 1 clot in each lung. He spent the weekend in the hospital and we brought him home yesterday afternoon. He's on a blood thinner and a medication to dissolve the clots, but it's a slow process. He's in a lot of pain due to the restricted blood flow in his leg, but I'm just happy to have him home! Please keep him in your prayers.

During my 9 hours in the ER (which is a story for another day!) I knit like a mad woman. I brought my Jawbreaker Cardigan and my Gomasio Cardigan and worked on them both. I actually started and finished the right front of Jawbreaker, but it is now no more. I'm just not feeling it. So now I'm trying a Top Down Bolero with the Araucania Patagonia, we'll see how that goes. I really need something that I can just sit down and knit without much thinking. I can't seem to concentrate on complicated matters right now.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Joe and Noey. I took it during our 2nd Family Vacation in Pismo Beach. Noey was 4 at the time.

8 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Gosh - how scary! I hope you all are doing alright now.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger shizzknits said...

Wow, I'm glad you listened to your instincts and eve more glad that everyone is feeling much better.

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Karen said...

How scary for Joe and how lucky that you made the decision to go to the ER. I'll keep him in my thoughts and hope that you are all feeling better soon.b

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Shar said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I hope that Joe feels much better soon. Blood clots must be awfully painful to deal with, but the blood thinner and medication will sort it out. Luckily you took charge, I think most men dont worry about going to the hospital unless they cant move or are in absolute agony. I love the pic too, so nice. Lots of hugs to you all, and try and relax a bit too.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh now scary!!!

I hope things improve for you!!

Good thing you got him to the hospital!

Lots of hugs for you and yours!

Katt

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Wow! That is so scary! I am glad to hear Joe is finally home. Hope he gets better each and every day!!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Tracey said...

Oh my! You are SO lucky to still have him with you! My prayers will be with your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home