MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Getting Closer

Sometimes I feel like I knit and knit and knit and don't have
anything to show for it. I've been knitting and knitting and knitting the V-neck Pullover and finally finished on Sunday. Since I now know how to seam, thanks to my extensive research, I hurried up and blocked the front and back today, I'll do the sleeves tomorrow. Then hopefully I can seam it up Thursday night, and possibly wear it next week. I may even be able to wear the blue Cardigan too, it's been so cold and windy this week. I've finished both sleeves and just started the left front. I don't know if it's a good idea to do the sleeves first because I kept thinking I was almost done!

That's the little wombat that Sue sent Noey for her birthday relaxing on my blocking board. It's a Steve Irwin animal, and the proceeds go to his foundation. Pretty cool, huh?

I'm still waiting for my Araucania Patagonia to arrive. I'm itching to start something new.

Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Blogger Karen said...

It looks so pretty there all blocked out. I can't wait to see it seamed up and modeled!! Where did you research seaming? Did you just Google and read any articles you could find? I really need some good seaming tips too.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Joni said...

Hi there! I just wanted to make sure you're aware that your blog is in the queue for the Fiber Arts Bloggers ring, because you don't have any code up. I just sent you the code again--please let me know if you don't get it? I'd love to get you back in the ring. :)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Nice color and what a great blocking board. I am so glad that Noey likes the wombat. I cant wait to see the cardigan finished too, I am sure it will look great. I think that one day I too will have to check up the seaming site and improve on my skills too.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the colour! cant wait to see it all finished!

What a cute little wombat

Katt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home