MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What I did over Spring Break

I knit!

Noey and I are on Spring Break this week, but Noey has been so busy she's hardly been home. She's had playdate after playdate after playdate. So while she's been out and about with her friends, I've been home knitting, and cleaning a little, but mostly knitting! I've been working on my Jawbreaker Cardigan. It's a pretty fast knit. I've finished the back and started on the left front. I actually started and restarted the back several times. The size 11 needles make a pretty loosey goosey rib and I wasn't too happy with it. But once the stockinette kicked in, it wasn't so noticeable. What is really noticeable (at least to me) is the color difference between the front and back. So while I'm ruminating on whether I want to restart the front with a different skein, I decided to pick up my 2 UFO's and finish them once and for all!

I worked on the Bell Sleeve V-neck Pullover while Noey was at her friends house today. I finished the neckline ribbing, and would've started the seaming but my big 7 year old called me and told me she was ready to come home! I was kinda happy to pick her up early.....I've been missing her this week! We're going to spend the day together tomorrow (other than a short playdate at our house in the morning) and Friday we're going to see Meet the Robinson's.

I'm feeling much better, by the way. Thanks for your well wishes!

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Sue said...

It is annoying when the colors look so different isnt it. Yay for playdates too, I wish my kids would go to someone's house for a few hours so I could knit some more too.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the color you chose for that cardi. Glad you girls are enjoying your break and have some fun things planned together for today and tomorrow. Hugs to you both!!

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the colours too! its gorgeous! Cant wait to see it finished!!

Katt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home