MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Happy March!

It is a beautiful, sunny day today. (as was the weekend) Birds are literally chirping right outside my office door. The sun and nice weather are making me happy!

Because this is a knitting blog, I will give you a little summary of what I've been up to. Use your imaginations because I still can't post pictures!

First up I finished a Hooded Cardi for Noey. I used 6 skeins of Noro Kureyon in colorway 134. It is so cute, if I do say so myself. (you'll just have to take my word for it!) The colors are bright and brilliant. Noey chose abalone shell buttons (they all match this time!) and they add just the right touch. It fits her perfectly, but now it's too hot to wear!

I finally blocked the Moss Rib Stitch Pullover. I had to do it in 2 sessions because my blocking board is not big enough to accomodate all the pieces. Now I just need to seam it up.

I started a Cardigan for myself a week or so ago. I'm using Paton's Shetland Chunky Tweed in Sea Ice. I've finished the back and I'm working on the first sleeve. I decided to work on the sleeves before starting the front, as I'm in Sleeve Heck with the V Neck Pullover.

Speaking of the V Neck Pullover, I've been knitting both sleeves at once, a trick I learned from Bron. I guess I'm about half done with both sleeves, but it just seems to be taking FOREVER. I made a mistake, or rather an error in judgement early on, which means the error was made in both sleeves, so I frogged them both and started over. I was trying to make the sleeves longer, but I should've waited until after the decreases and increases. So now I'm back on track, but lingering in sleeve heck!

Noey's birthday is next Friday the 16th. My baby will be 7 years old. I can't believe it! I don't want her to grow up, but I have to say she is so much fun now. She can read anything, and writes me little notes all the time. She has a great sense of humor, and makes up jokes that really make me laugh! She loves to "help" me so grocery shopping and other errands are a lot easier these days. (she reads me the list) It just keeps getting better and better.

The car is doing great. His name is George. I feel like I really earned this new car. We had so much trouble with that other.........car, all those trips in tow trucks and such. I'm really not a material girl, I just want a reliable car to transport my child in, but if someone's gonna buy me a cool new car, I'll take it!

4 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Shar said...

What problem are you having with posting pictures? Are you clicking on the add image button next to the spell check icon? It's a bummer to post and be unable to add your pictures to it.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Sue said...

You should be able to post pictures the same way as you did with the old blogger, at least that is what I do. I cant wait to see all of your projects too, and I will have to get Noey's pressie ready too. I will post it off as soon as I can.

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant wait to see the piccies

I am sooo glad that you are closer to getting that gorgeous ribbed jumper finished! I loved the look of that from the start!

Katt

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I am probably useless or something..But I dont have your email address :-(

Would you please be able to contact me about the vest pattern? Have never done a top down one before...

Or is that your email address you left in the comments?!? I sometimes get parts of address so I am not sure if it is meant to be or not! lol

Katt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home