MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Forced to knit a sock

I was planning on posting about my Hoodie Cardi which is complete and was worn today. But I couldn't get a picture of it because I got home too late. Why you ask?

Last week Noey, my mom, and myself made a trek out to the Tall Mouse Craft store. I was gifted a Tall Mouse certificate by my mom for Christmas which included yarn, gas, and child watching. It's only about 30 miles/45 minutes away but you can't just pop in when you need something. They have an eclectic array of yarn from Lion Brand to Berrocco, but I ended up buying a book and 2 Yarntainers.

Well, the Yarntainers just didn't work out so I decided to return them today. My lovely lemon of a car* started acting weird on the freeway, and finally died in the Tall Mouse parking lot. (if your car is going to die what better place?)

Knowing that I would have some time to wait I purchased some Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn, some double points, and ended up with this much of a sock. (I used the pattern on the ball band)

I sat in my car for a good 2 hours, but I really didn't mind too much, except that it was hot and I didn't want to take off my new Hoodie Cardi because it was just too cute!

The good news is I made it safely from the freeway to the store, Noey was not with me, I got to start a pair of socks for myself, and I'm finally GETTING A NEW CAR!!! I told Joe I would not drive, ride in, look at, or talk about that car ever again.

*I had never in my life been in a tow truck until we bought my junk heap 2.5 years ago. Since then I have been in one or called one 7 times!!

2 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a story. Thank goodness you made it off the freeway and to the craft store safely!! And there sounds there like are a bunch of silver linings to that cloud - including a new sock and a new car!!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your car broke down in a nice and safe place, and you got 2 hours of free knitting time. What a great gift, a new car and you will be able to go on drives without worrying about the tow truck hovering around you. I cant wait to see your new hoodie either, so tell Joe or Noey to take a pic of you in it so we can all see how wonderful it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home