MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

A functional finished object

It's done! It's fits! and it's cute! I'm counting this as my last finished object of 2006. The knitting and weaving in of ends was completed on December 31, 2006. I installed the zipper on January 1, 2007. The actual installation of the zipper wasn't too bad, but I'm not crazy about the color of the zipper. Both my mom and Joe said it looks "fine".

Pattern: Knitting Pure and Simple Neckdown Hooded Cardigan

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky - Color - Grass

I've had this yarn in my stash since I started knitting over 2 years ago, not sure now what I had planned to make with it. I have enough left over to make Noey a hoodie as well. I followed the pattern to the letter except I made it a little longer.

I started this hoodie because I could not find a suitably warm jacket or sweater for the frigid Southern California weather! I've worn it twice now, and can report it is nice and warm!

I also finished the Moss Rib Stitch Pullover. It's just waiting patiently to be blocked and seamed. I'm nervous about seaming, so I ordered some reference books from Amazon which should arrive tomorrow. If all goes well I'm planning to wear it on my birthday, one week from tomorrow. I share my birthday with Martin Luther King, Jr, so I get the day off. Joe and Noey will be off too and we're planning a little outing.

The "forced to knit" sock wasn't happening so I ripped it out and started a basic ribbed sock which is going well, I'm on the home stretch.

We're back to school and work tomorrow after 3 weeks off. I'm both looking forward to and dreading getting back to our old routine. It seems like I had a lot of knitting time over these past three weeks, I'm gonna miss that!

5 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

It IS cute!! Can we see a modeled pic?

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

What a cute hoodie. I want one of those dress form thingys too.

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Hoodie - and the zipper looks just fine!

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hoodie came out wonderful!!! I'm glad to hear it fits perfectly and has been getting a lot of use. I just love the picture of Chrissy and Noey - they look like quite a team!! :)

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am waiting to see the ribbed cardigan. The hooded jacket does look snuggly and warm too. Noey looks just adorable with Chrissy, and it seems Chrissy enjoys having her photo taken too. I cant believe you are all back at work and school. Here we dont back to the end of the month, so I should have extra exercise time and knitting time too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home