MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Just call me Gangsta Mama

I got my new car today.

Finally.

Joe came home and said "What are your plans for the evening?" When I said nothing, he said "Would you like to go pick up your new car?" I couldn't get downstairs fast enough! I've been driving around in his little, 2 door, no air conditioning, 12 year old Honda Civic for the past 2 + months. He's been wheeling and dealing to get just the right car, at just the right price. (he's a natural born negotiator)

Unfortunately, due to my picture posting problem, I can't show you my actual car. But if you click

here

you can see it. We got the dark blue one. Isn't it pretty?

This may be a little too hip for me. Back in the day I ran with the hip crowd, before the child was born. Back when I had the time to be hip. And the money! Now, my only criteria for the new "mom car" was 4 doors, air conditioning, power windows, cd player, and enough trunk space for a bicycle and a scooter. Notice that "hip" and "cool" were not listed!

It really is a nice car. I can't wait to drive it tomorrow. Joe wouldn't let me drive it tonight, but he let me sit in it! We've been briefed on all the new car rules - no food or drink in the new car, no feet on the seat in the new car, no dog in the new car, no talking, singing, or humming in the new car!!

P.S. Thank you to my buddies Karen, Katt, and Sue for your kind words about my sad, little pictureless blog! And speaking of Sue, she sent me a lovely package for my birthday! Two skeins of PINK sock yarn, which is oh so yummy, and some cute little sticky notes. Thank you Sue!

4 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger Karen said...

What a great car!!!! See, you are still hip and cool. Woo hoo. I agree with no food in the car, but no singing. Waaaa. :)

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Thats a totally cool car!!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Sue said...

How lucky are you to get a new car. Paul and I have to share ours, and if he works away from the city, then I have no car at all. Oh well, more exercise I guess. I hope that you can fix your camera situation soon, I want to see all your finished knits.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOICE car!!!

Hmmm..I wonder if some of the sock wool you got was done by me? Any Kitty Knits sock wool from Sue? lol

I missed your birthday?!?! Happy belated birthday if I missed it..If Sue got in early! Happy birthday for when it is ;-)

Katt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home