MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, September 24, 2006

We went to the Dodger game last night. It was a first for Noey. Her first Dodger Dog too. (I don't know the final score - they were losing when we left.) ***Edited to Add*** They lost! 9 to 3! Yikes!

I've been trying all season to generate some interest in this being our "family activity." You know, we could all wear matching Dodger blue t-shirts, baseball caps, and giant foam fingers. We could go to home games and root for our local team. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I enjoy going to the games, and we need a good family activity.

Joe is a huge baseball fan (fanatic is a better word) but he's not interested. I think it was the matching t-shirts that turned him off.

Noey wasn't all that interested either. Now that's she's been to a game, she doesn't feel the need to go again. (there's only one more home game before the end of the season, so I guess we're out of luck anyway)

4 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Funny - I tried to get my kids into baseball too. They sort of liked it - but they liked the mascot and the playground at the ballpark better. Oh well!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh, Noey looks so small, and so cute, sitting there with her hotdog. I'm sorry she wasn't to thrilled about going again - when I saw that picture I thought you were going to say she was hooked. And yes, I can bet Joe was put off by the matching shirts thing - Pea would be like that too!! LOL

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Oh what a pity. Looks as though you will have to think of another idea for family fun. Paul loves baseball, and he actually played since he was about 7 and ended up playing for Australia over in the States for a while too. He does want to play for the over 35's but everytime he gets to the age required they put it up higher. He has to wait until his 40 now, so another 2 yrs to go.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Awww, Noey looks so cute! Too bad they didnt like the idea. Something else will have to fit the bill of family activity!

Shannon from Dreamsofyarn.com/blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home