MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm getting better everyday...

Thank you all for your get well wishes. I am feeling much better, although still tired.

You know I had to be really sick to miss Noey's first day of school. I don't want to be to graphic, but..... I had a bacterial infection of the intestine.....which was very painful....and also caused me to become dehydrated......which led to hallucinations! It was an interesting ordeal.

Last Friday my niece Megan (who is originally from Miami, now living in San Diego, going to UCSD) drove up to visit us. For the first time. By herself. We're so proud! If you've ever driven the LA freeway system, you'll understand.

I got to see her Friday afternoon, and that was it. Whilst I lay prone for 3 days straight, the rest of my family had a great time.

On Saturday they all went to the La Brea Tar Pits and had lunch in West LA.

On Sunday they went to the Getty Museum.

On Monday Megan and Noey played all day together at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Oh well. I'm sure we'll see her again soon....now that she can drive our freeways!

5 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad you are feeling much better. Yuck, that infection sounds pretty terrible. I'm so sorry you missed such fun times with your niece. But it's great that she was there to help out with Noey - who looks so happy to have a "new" playmate!!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh man that sounds terrible! I guess the only good thing is that no one else was sick too. I think there should be a limit of one sick person at a time per family. Glad you are feeling better though.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Sue said...

That infection sounds awful so I am glad that you are over the worst part of it. Luckily no-one else caught it either. Noey looks as though she loves your niece a lot judging by the huge smile on her face too!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Glad you're feeling better! On the bright side (?) at least the hallucinations kept you entertained?

I try to find the good in every situation - no matter how obscure :)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I am glad to see you are feeling better. YOu can now enjoy Noey's second week of school! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home