MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Well, the Reunion was.....interesting. It was a lot of fun for me and Joe to get dressed up and go out....alone....together. I can count on one hand the number of times we've been out alone since Noey was born! (mind you, she's 6 now - that's less than once a year!)

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Joe is 18 years older than me. Our age difference has never been an issue, and I don't really think about how old he is. Until we got to the Reunion. Those people were OLD! They looked old and they acted old. Joe looks and acts considerably younger, and of course I was considerably younger! I felt so out of place, like a 10 year old in a room full of grownups. Some of them had children my age and grandchildren Noey's age!! Oh well. We still had fun being together.

I finished the Baby Cardigan this week. It turned out really cute. I used 1 1/4 skeins of Bernat Satin, and a pattern from the Lion Brand Website. Topdown, very easy, and fast.

I also finished my Dishcloth for Sharon for the Dishcloth Shuffle, and mailed it off. I'll post a pic after Sharon receives it.

I started my super secret present for Isabelle this week as well. I'm using the lavender Bernat Satin again, and I'm kinda designing my own pattern so keep your fingers crossed that it turns out the way I want it too!

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger carrie said...

adorable baby cardy!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I am glad that you had a great time at the reunion. Seems as though you go out together as much as Paul and I do since we had Isabelle. I love the baby cardigan too, how gorgeous and the purple is so pretty.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm sorry to hear you felt so out of place at the reunion - but I'm glad you both enjoyed having a night out. I love the baby sweater . . . it came out great!! I need to get a baby sweater knit soon for my hairdresser - maybe she'll get it AFTER her maternity leave. LOL

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger emy said...

That's such a cute baby cardi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home