MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I plead temporary insanity!

Every summer I get 4 weeks off, which is a really nice perk. (more on what we did this summer later) But that means 4 weeks of no paycheck. So early in the summer Noey and I made an agreement. She wouldn't buy any stuffed animals all summer, and I wouldn't buy any yarn.

Then I received a rather large and unexpected bonus. The majority of the bonus went to responsible things like food and the mortgage, but I did take out 10% for stuffed animals and yarn!

I ordered everything I've been wanting, and the extra skeins I needed to complete a few projects. Boxes and boxes arrived. Fortunately I was off so I was home to receive them and.......hide them! (I seem to have forgotten to tell Joe about the bonus!) Noey and I got them all out this morning to lay them all out. (you can see her feet at the top of the pic!) Then we had to put them all back into hiding! I think I am set for yarn for a couple of years!! (or at least until the next bonus comes along!)

4 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Wow - what a treat. That probably adds up to all the yarn I've bought so far in my entire short knitting career! (But I've got something coming next week that'll totally blow my average!)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Karen said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(yes, I know there are no words in the above comment - that's because I'm speechless) :)

HAPPY YARN DAY!!!! When do we get to see Noey's animals?

ps: Joe never needs to know. :)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

How EXCELLENT Karyn!! Just for the record, if I got a bonus I wouldnt hesitate to set aside a portion for yarn aquisition either. And who could argue with Stuffed animal addictions? Certainly not me!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Wow what a lot of yarn. I have been buying yarn too, and hiding it. Makes it a bit hard when Paul is home though, so I sneak off into the bedroom. Dont feel bad though, I have lots too. Just think of all the wonderful things that we can make if we live long enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home