MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

If at first you don't succeed....

This is the first incarnation of my Super Secret Surprise for Isabelle. I'm trying to make a little summer cardi. A little longer than a bolero, a little shorter than a regular cardigan. It'll be summertime in Australia when she gets it, so I want her to be able to wear it right away.
I liked the seed stitch border on the Baby Cardi I just finished so I thought I'd try it on this, but I don't like it at all. It's going to be ripped out this evening. I guess I'll try a ribbed border and see how it goes. The good thing is I have my very own life size model who is about the same size as Isabelle!

And speaking of the Baby Cardi, I gave it to my very pregnant friend, Sonja, last night, and she loved it. It could have been the hormones, but she cried when I gave it to her! She told me this morning that her hubby liked it too. They have two boys already, so I think they're just tickled pink (or lavender) to be having a girl!

3 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I like the summer cardi . . . and I think the seed stitch border looks pretty. I've always loved seed stitch - I just tried it on my Ice Cream Man sock instead of ribbing and was very happy with it. I'm sure it wasn't just the hormones that made Sonja cry - I think people are really touched by hand-made gifts. Anyone can buy something at a store - but to make something yourself takes a lot of work and love. :)

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Well, if someone would knit something for me I would cry also (no matter of hormones).

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Oh I am sure the tears were for the thought and work put into that too cute baby jacket. I love seed stitch too, and I cant wait till xmas to see the final product.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home