MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Happy Birthday Joe!

We had a long, full day! Joe, Noey, and I started out at gymnastics early this morning. Then we picked up my mom and headed to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach to celebrate Joe's birthday. (my dad stayed home - he's doing well but not up to a lot of walking)

It was HOT and muggy, and did I mention HOT? but we managed to have a great time. We have been to this aquarium at least 10 times in the last couple of years but Noey loves it every time.
Later Joe, Noey, and I went to Hof's Hut for dinner to end the celebration. Joe is a workaholic, and we don't usually see him much on weekends, so this was a nice treat for all of us.

I don't have a lot of knitting news to report. I still haven't gotten to the store to pick up the Cotton Tots to finish up the Baby Hoodie Cardigan. I have to finish it by the baby shower next Saturday.

I didn't have anything to work on in the car on Friday while waiting for Noey, so I was forced to work on the Fitted Tank. I figured out how to do the decreases, but the neckline looks horrible! I'm hoping it will look okay in the end when I pick up and knit around the entire neck.

Attention all Karens who knit: Head on over to Karen's blog (Pink Acrylique) and sign up for the Knitting Karens Webring!!

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger scarlet said...

Thanks for the webring plug, and thanks for joining!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Happy birthday to Joe!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful family day. A Knitting Karen web-ring??? How cool!! I'm off the check it out!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home