MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, May 29, 2006

What a long, strange weekend it's been

It started on Friday. My dad had surgery and I had been sworn to secrecy. I was told in no uncertain terms not to tell anyone. That's the way things are done in my family....we don't discuss our business. Turns out my dad has been suffering with a hernia for at least 3 months before he told anyone! The hernia surgery itself is fairly routine and done as an outpatient, but the complication was that my dad has a heart condition. (don't ask me what condition...I haven't been told!)

So for the past month, and especially the past week I have been worried sick that the worst would happen. Fortunately, everything went well and my dad is fine. My mom asked us to pick up some groceries for them Friday afternoon. We were happy to oblige but when we got to their house, she wouldn't let us come in!

My mom decided we could come over and actually come in the house on Saturday. On the way over we stopped by Borders Books where we each got 2 books. These were my choices.
(Noey chose Fish Out of Water and Cars!)

1 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad everything turned out well with your dad. How hard it must have been to be so worried and not be able to talk it over with anyone and get reassurance from them. Ah, family quirks . . . we've all got them!! Those are two great books you picked out - I've heard nothing but raves about the sock book. Noey's skirt is really cute!! And wow, you've made a lot of progress on the Baby Hoodie (yes, I remember the bar was at 10% when I added it Friday!!) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home