MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Houston, we have a problem

with the Fitted Tank. I'm not sure I can even describe the problem well enough to solicit help! But I'll try...

I am to the shaping of the neckline. I have cast off the middle stitches and am now working the two shoulders with two separate balls of yarn. I am now supposed to cast off 4 stitches on each neck edge. It's a purl row. I cannot figure out how to cast off when the neck edge is at the end of the row and still maintain the yarn for knitting back. I seem to have an extra stitch at the end. I think I can successfully cast off at the beginning of the row.

Does that make sense?

Any suggestions?

I could try to take a picture if that would help.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Just a quick note,and by the way thanks for the advice about the books. You cannot decrease stitches on a purl row, you will have to be at the start of the neck edge which will be a knit one. This should be the right side of the tunic I think. When you do the other side you will decrease on a purl row. Hope this helps.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Sorry me again, by the right side I mean the right side of the garment. Decrease on the purl side when you are doing the left side of the garment. Sorry for any confusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home