MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sunday was the perfect day for a little quality crafting. Noey and Joe were occupied watching the Indy 500 and some other car race, so I had plenty of time to do my thing. I was in the mood to sew. So I took out my patterns and fabrics and played for a while, I planned out all kinds of outfits...skirts and blouses to go with some knitted tanks.

I had seen a little girl at the preschool wearing a skirt that had a demin yoke and a tiered skirt that I knew I could make myself. Noey has lots of pants and skirts that fit around the middle but are too short. This skirt was perfect. It's a size 4 and is obscenely short on her (hence no picture of her in it!)

Noey picked out the fabric she wanted from my stash, I cut all the pieces, and I dragged my poor old Kenmore out of the closet. Ready, Set......nothing! The sewing machine wouldn't work! Bummer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home