MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Good Times

Noey and I had the best time on Saturday. She convinced me to go see Ice Age 2: The Melt Down. I'm not a big fan of crowds and I usually don't like to go to movies during their opening weekend, but she talked me into it. (there were tears involved). I've read on various blogs that some of you knit in the movies, so I decided to give it a try. I'm working on another pair of fingerless mitts for a girl at work. I thought I was doing great, I slipped my markers without dropping them, I even managed to increase a couple of times. But when I got it home I found that I had inadvertantly picked up a stitch. I couldn't figure out where, so I frogged the whole thing and started over. So much for knitting in the dark!!

After the movie, Noey and I went to a Rock and Gem Show in Torrance. The show is run by a bunch of grandfatherly rock hound types all of whom were smitten by Noey! (well, who wouldn't be?) They wanted to show us all kinds of different rocks and tell us all about them. The phosphorus rocks that glow under fluorescent light were spectacular.

I am on Spring Break this week, Noey is not! That means lots and lots of ALONE time!! Today I got to help out in her classroom for a little while, then I went grocery shopping ALONE....I was able to get everything on my list in less than 20 minutes and didn't have to spend 10 minutes in the toy aisle!! I cleaned the house up a bit, worked on a sewing project, (a stuffed cat for Noey....pics when it's done) then I sat down and knit for the rest of the afternoon.

I started yet another new project. Sitcom Chic is not cooperating, so it's having a little time out. I was looking for another magazine when I came across the 2005 Knit It....I think this was the first magazine I ever bought. I happen to have the yarn in my stash to make this Shawl Collar Cardigan, so last night I cast on. I got gauge with size 13 needles, so this is going very fast! I'm just about done with the back.

Now for the rest of the week.....

Walmart

A trip to Beach Knitting - a new LYS in Manhattan Beach (I'm just looking. Really.)

Finish the cat for Noey

Sew a skirt for myself

Start a tank top/camisole to go with the skirt (Cotton Ease from my stash)

Haircut

Taxes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home