MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever



or how I spent my Saturday instead of sewing all day!

We drove out to Riley's Farms in Oak Glen, CA yesterday, and spent the entire day there.

We had a great time picking strawberries, raspberries, pears, and apples. We took a hayride, drank fresh pressed apple cider, and had the most delicious raspberry milkshake. Noey got to hold a baby pig (but I didn't have my camera handy) and jump in a bouncer.


It was a fun day, even though it was HOT! (100 degrees plus) and dusty, dirty. (we're city folk, okay?) I had to hose off about a 1" layer of dirt from the both of us when we got home! I thought I was looking all tan, but then it turned out to be mostly dirt!!





My lastest sewing projects are two simple A-line skirts made last week. Both fabrics are quilters cotton from JoAnn's. The blue I just purchased recently, the black has been in the stash for a year or so.

I knew my TNT skirt pattern was old and out of print but I didn't realize the company was out of business until I pulled it out to look at the date - 1997!

The two of these together probably took less than 2 hours to make. These are seriously the easiet skirts; just side seams and elastic waist casing. I do hand sew the hem, and that takes the majority of the time. Couldn't be easier.

I would really like to stay home and sew today, but we've been invited to go swim at Trump! Who am I to say no to Trump?!

1 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow, Riley Farms sounds like so much fun, and Noey looks like she really enjoyed it. Heck, sewing can always wait when there is a great day like that on deck. (Okay, great aside from the 100 degree temps)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home