MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Within minutes of casting off Picovoli, I cast on a Poncho for Noey.

Now, I had no intention of making a poncho for Noey at this time, but as you may have gathered, the child has a definite mind of her own. While I was looking at some yarn in Michael's, she put 5 skeins of Lily Sugar n' Cream in our cart, and declared "I want a poncho!"

Pattern: Top Down by Knitting Pure and Simple

Yarn: Lily Sugar n' Cream 5 skeins

Started Tuesday, August 1 - Finished Tuesday, August 8.

Now onto the next project - Joe and I will be attending his high school reunion next month. (I don't want to say he's old, but he graduated from high school the same year I was born!!) I don't know what to wear! The invitation says "The dress for the evening will be formal, semi-formal, casual, semi-casual or whatever you are wearing at the time. It just doesn't matter anymore." What?? It's being held at a hotel I've never heard of - Coast Long Beach Hotel - so that doesn't help me either. So here's what I'm thinking - I bought some pretty lilac Paton's Brilliant to make CeCe with 3/4 sleeves. I have some lilac floral fabric to make a long, summery dress. I'm hoping that will be appropriate.

and finally, I've joined another swap! It's the Dish Cloth Shuffle hosted by my buddy, Rox. Head on over and join up...it sounds like fun and not too stressful.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow - an invitation like that would stress meout. I like to be told what to wear for those occasions.

Noey looks so cute - you did a great job with the poncho!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Your Picovoli came out beautiful!!! It looks good under that shirt too - I never would have thought to model it as a vest. Noey . . . how could you resist that little face . . . look how happy she is with her poncho. Has she asked to learn to knit yet - or is she content having Mom as her own personal garment maker?? Geez, who knows what people will be wearing to that reunion. There will probably be a guy in a tux seated next to a guy in cut-off shorts and a Hawaiian shirt!! LOL

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Oh what a cute poncho. I have seen this on a few blogs, and they always look so cute. Wish I could that pattern here. Nice color too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home