MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hot, Hot, Hot!

We had a little excitement round these parts today.

When we got home from gymnastics we found that one of our neighbors was trapped in the elevator. There was a 3 inch opening, so we could talk to him and make sure he had water. (it was about 100 degrees) Then we called the management company. They said they'd have the elevator company come right out.

But they didn't come right out. So I called 911 (my first time ever....I was kind of nervous!). They did come right out! In fact they sent 2 truckloads of good looking men in less than 5 minutes. They used a crowbar and had him out in about 10 minutes. Our neighbor was fine, although a little overheated.

Noey was pretty excited about the whole thing, and it made me feel good that the Fire Department responds so quickly. It also was a good life lesson for Noey. We saw someone in trouble and we helped him.

In other news, although not nearly as exciting, I received a little package by Royal Mail today! I had seen these Sirdar patterns in my British magazine, but couldn't find them anywhere. Ironic because the pattern is called "California Girls". I ordered them only 5 days ago from Simply Wool in the UK and they arrived today! That's better service than some U.S. companies.

5 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yikes - I'm just glad you and Noey weren't the one trapped!

Those are cute patterns - I especially like the ribbed sweater. You could get a really cute pin for a closure.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow, that is a bit of excitement. I'm glad you both were there to help him, and that he got out okay. I love your new patterns too!!!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Wow, he's lucky you found him! And that the First Responder was able to get him out so quick.

When my late husband was a cop, he had to do a rescue in a trapped elevator that necessatated going down on a belay line and pulling the poor mom and two kids out thru the trap door in the top! At least your guy was stuck near a floor and with the door open!

I'm wandering over here for a drive by commenting during the Amazing Lace pit stop.

Your little one sure is cute.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger carrie said...

what a crazy adventure! i'm so glad that your neighbor is ok. might want to stay out of that elevator ...

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

ohhh those patterns look goooood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home