MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Back to school already?

Last year when Noey was just entering Kindergarten and I was new to the whole school thing, I naively thought I could just go out mid-August and find everything I needed. Wrong! (Noey is required to wear a uniform, and the school is very specific about what can and cannot be worn) By the time I got there most things were sold out, especially in the smaller sizes. (it's tough being a skinny little thing!) I was fortunate to find just the basics. Luckily, Noey was new to the whole school thing too, and didn't realize you have to have a new backpack and lunch box every year, so she happily used her Tinkerbell backpack and lunchbox from preschool.

This year as soon as the uniforms showed up in the sale ads I was at the front door of Meryvn's, Target, and Penney's, and I sent my mom to Walmart. Over this past week I am happy to report we found 2 jumpers, 2 skorts, 4 short sleeve shirts, 4 long sleeve shirts, 2 pairs of shoes, a sweater, a backpack, and a lunch box! and now we're officially done with Back to School shopping!

I'm just about to bind off the body of the Summer Cardigan. I'm making it a little shorter than what the pattern says. I think it will be more summery that way. Under it, Mabel is wearing a dress I started a long, long time ago. (possibly before Noey was born!) So long ago that I've lost the facing pieces and the pattern directions. So I'm going to wing it and see if I can finish the neckline without a facing. That and a hem, and we're good to go!

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yikes! I'm totally glad that photo of the truckers is not a close up!

Cute dress - at least what I can see of it!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the cardi so far! I too have seen that brit knit mag at Borders and have oicked it up several times, but have never purchased. It is cool that they basically give away free gifts with every magazine issue!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home