MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Since you asked.......

The only 2 local yarn shops that I know of are L'Atelier in Riviera Village in Redondo Beach, and Concepts in Yarn and Needlepoint in Hillside Village, on Hawthorne Blvd., Torrance. I know there is a shop, In Stitches, in Manhattan Beach, and Let's Knit Yarn Shop in Gardena, but I have not been to either one, as that is a little far for us. (although not as far as driving to Santa Monica for Wild Fiber!) There are a couple in Long Beach that I'd like to visit, Alamitos Bay Yarn Co., and Knitropolis.

And also for anyone who is interested - The Southern California Handweavers Guild "Weaving and Spinning Show and Sale" is Sunday, November 6 at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center.

I've noticed on all the Southern California blogs mention of our wild weather earlier this week. It really is a big event when we have thunder and lightning! (we're such wusses!) Now today it's 93 degrees at my house!

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Shar said...

I've been to Alamitos Bay Yarn Co and it's great. Definitly worth the trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home