MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Frustration and Stash Enhancement


My mom picked Noey up from school today (thanks Mom!) so I stopped at my LYS* to pick up a little something for my Secret Pal. In anticipation of my first paycheck in 3 months I made a couple of purchases for myself. The Artful Yarns Broadway is for a cute diagonal scarf. You can't really see it in the pictures, but it has little beads woven in with the yarn. They had a sample of the scarf made up in the blue.....so pretty! So the pinkish will be for me, the blue for my mom, I think. The Sirdar Country Style was on sale so I thought I'd try the Vintage Bolero again.

The big news today is the first rain of the season in Southern California and you know what that means! Worse than usual drivers! Us native Californians just can't drive in the rain! So it was fun trying to get Noey to school on time and me to work!

*I don't know why I keep shopping at this LYS. I guess because it's the only one close by. They don't have a great selection and their customer service sucks!! They act as if you're bothering them if you ask a question, and heaven forbid if you ask them for something they don't carry. I'll guess I'll have to make a trek back to Wild Fiber once I actually have my paycheck in hand.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

It's called Concepts in Yarn & Needlepoint in Torrance on Hawthorne Blvd. I'm a Torrance native! Yes, I'm going to the Guild show in November! Can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home