MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Meanwhile back at Chez Noey, I'm completely frustrated with this Baby Afghan. I'm having a lot of trouble with the lacy insets. The first time I thought I just wasn't paying attention, the second time I thought I was just stupid, but a third time? I think there's a mistake in the darn pattern. So it's not going to be perfect.....I just don't have time to restart or start something else. I feel bad about that. It's for a very good family friend, shouldn't it be perfect? I don't think anyone will notice the errors, especially after a baby has rolled around on it and spit up on it, but still......my sense of perfectionism is going to make this bother me!

3 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger scarlet said...

I think the blankie looks great! I wouldn't worry too much about small "mistakes" in knitting, I personally think it enhances the "handmade" aspect of the gift, ensuring that it's one of a kind. "No GAP Baby tags here!"

It could be that the pattern is not printed correctly. I'd say half the patterns I've used have had at least one error.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Thank you! It does look nice if you don't look too close! I figure the baby won't mind!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Shar said...

The baby won't mind and mommy will love that you took the time to knit it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home