MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Secret Pal 6!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? I am not really a snob, but I do prefer the higher end yarns. I do use Lion Brand on occasion, and will use a nice acrylic.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope, neither.

3. Do you have any allergies? No allergies, but I can't stand the smell of smoke or strong perfume.

4. How long have you been knitting? Almost a year

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon

6. What's your favorite scent? Plumeria, vanilla, coconut.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yeah!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I sew, sometimes, mostly for Noey.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? I like alternative rock, classic rock, and just plain rock. No to MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My all time favorite color is PINK, I'm now into GREEN, hence my new favorite color combo is Pink and Green! I also like the combo of turquoise blue and brown.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? No pets, one husband, and the most adorable, smart, and funny 5 year old, Noelle.

12. What are your life dreams? My biggest dream was to be a mom, so now I'd just like to have a big house with a front porch and a huge backyard.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I like Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden, KnitPicks Andean Silk or almost any silk blend, any self striping yarn, Brown Sheep, Cascade 220

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Scratchy, cheapo acrylic/synthetic.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? To start and complete a sweater for myself.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Shawls/wraps, scarves

17. What are you knitting right now? A tank top for my niece, Clapotis, chenille wash cloths for Christmas presents, circle afghan for my parents

18. What do you think about ponchos? I don't like the big bulky kind, but I do like the feminine, lacey mini ponchos.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I use both, but use circular most.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? All three.

21. Are you a sock knitter? I desperately want to be!

22. How did you learn to knit? Self taught

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Almost a year, but I think I will frog it rather than finish it.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hello Kitty and Care Bears

25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and my birthday

26. Is there anything that you collect? Italian charms, and Fiestaware

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have 'em all...Interweave Knits, Vogue, Family Circle Easy Knitting, and Creative Knitting.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Naturally Noro by Jane Ellison, Stitch N Bitch Nation, The Handy Book of Sweater Patterns

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? I covet just about every pattern I see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home