That was a close one! This time yesterday I thought this skirt was headed to Wadder-ville!
I had all kinds of problems with this simple A-line skirt. I wanted a straight denim skirt, so I used my TNT A-line pattern and tried to "straighten" it. I added 1 1/2" to the center at the fold at the waist only. This effectively straightened it out, but didn't give enough room in the hips. So this morning I cut off the waistband and created a new waistband which raised it up enough to make more room for my womanly hips!!
I used my cheap-o Brother sewing machine to topstitch down the side seams but it would not work on the hem! I couldn't get a straight line to save my life. I ripped it out twice before I switched over to my ever-faithful Kenmore.
I decided to give Simplicity 4076 one more try, and I think it worked this time. I am much happier with the neckline, although the fabric is very lightweight and looks a little pajama-y.
So, those are finished items #33 and #34, both finished up today. No sewing tomorrow as we are going to the beach, then pool swimming with our friends in the late afternoon.
We are officially on the count down to vacation....7 more days!