MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, July 04, 2010

A little Vacay sewing


Noey and I are going to Santa Barbara at the end of this month for a little fun in the sun. Finished object #27 is my new Pajama top for the trip.

I used Simplicity 4076 (very well reviewed on Pattern Review)

I'm new to knits (how come no one ever told me how easy they are!) so I decided to start out with a muslin/pj top first. This fabric is from fabric.com from the $1.95 per yard clearance section. I believe it is a jersey with some lycra. The fabric is cute, but not my style for public wear. I had enough fabric leftover to cut out a top for Noey and undies for me. (Noey says she will wear her top in public!!)

I used Steam-a-Seam to stabilize the hems, and for the first time ever I conquered the Twin Needle! Yay me!

All in all I think it's cute for PJ's. I cut out black lightweight jersey bottoms this afternoon and plan to sew them up tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home