MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Best Laid Plans

I had big plans for this past weekend, and none of them quite worked out how I planned!

Saturday morning I had this brilliant idea to cut out all of the items needed for our vacation. (a little over 2 weeks away now!) That way I could sew every morning this week while Noey is at Vacation Bible School. So off we went to Gymnastics and as soon as we got home I was going to cut, cut, cut!

But.....that didn't happen. By the time we got home I didn't feel like cutting out. (my least favorite part of sewing) So I just cut out one top for me and started sewing it up. It's another version of Simplicity 4076 in an interlock knit. I'm not liking the neckline, it's a little wonky, and I think I may have made a poor fabric choice. It's not very drapey. It's just needs hemming and then it's done, but I've lost my motivation.

Yesterday was our beach day with friends. Turned out to be the worst beach day yet! It was cold! and foggy, and even sprinkled on us. But, being the diehard beach bums that we are, we stuck it out! Noey had fun and even got in the water a little bit.

So, now it's Monday morning, and Noey is off at VBS, and I have no motivation to do anything. I could finish my top, or clean my house, (it's covered in sand again!) or any number of other things.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home