MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, July 05, 2010

It was a banner day!

Talk about feeling productive! I finished garments #28, 29, and 30 today! As well as running some errands, grocery shopping, and going out to lunch.



Item #28 are the pants to go with my new jammie shirt I made the other day. I used my TNT pant pattern, Kwik Sew #2779, and a light weight jersey from fabric.com. They're nothing fancy, but they sure are comfy.

Item #29 is a t-shirt for Noey. I used the leftover fabric from my jammie shirt and Kwik Sew 3338. I'm using a ladies size XS and it fits her perfectly. I think this will be her TNT t-shirt pattern. It also has a long sleeve version. It takes less than a yard of fabric and sews up really fast. And the best part is Noey actually likes the finished product and will wear them!!

And rounding out my very productive day, Item #30, a pair of undies for me using the last bit of the jammie fabric. I've been making my own undies since December of last year, and I have to say I will never go back to store bought. I use Kwik Sew 2908 and they are the most comfortable undies!



So while we were enjoying lunch at Carl's Jr. today, I was excited to tell JD about my frugality of fabric. "I'm like a pioneer woman!" I told him. "I put every inch of fabric to good use!" After all I got 3 items from 2.5 yards of fabric which cost me about $7.00. His response....."Do you really need those?"

Ummmm....yeah! We do! I have a child who grows 2 inches between lunch and dinner. I'm lucky if she doesn't outgrow something by the time I'm finished sewing it. And have you seen my pajamas lately? They're a little shabby! and who doesn't need new undies! Seriously! I doubt if you could get all 3 items at Walmart for $7.00!

1 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow, three items out of $7 in fabric!!! That is super awesome!! And even more impressive is how quickly you got everything sewn up. Go you!!

PS: JD's lack of excitement isn't really his fault - I think it's just a guy thing. They just don't get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home